The PressureGuard® APM2 offers Alternating Pressure and Lateral Rotation therapy modes for added flexibility and better value.
Alternating Pressure or Lateral Rotation at the Flip of a Switch! Now with Shear Transfer Zones™ and Digital Control Unit.
With its two distinct therapy modes, the PressureGuard® APM² gives you twice the treatment options. Twice the flexibility. Twice the value. And now enhanced cover and control unit features as well.The APM2 has been an industry-leading air therapy solution for more than a decade, based in large part on its documented superiority vs. typical, roll-up treatment surfaces¹. An upgraded cover design and control unit now provide even greater immersion, envelopment, shear reduction, treatment flexibility, caregiver ergonomics and user comfort.
The cover’s enhanced features include the unique design of the anti-microbial bi-directional stretch cover made with Span’s superior LifeSpan® fabric.
LifeSpan® is extremely durable and cleanable and delivers outstanding resistance to chemical breakdown caused by bleach and other harsh disinfectants with its polycarbonate-fortified coating
Change instantly and easily from alternating pressure to basic lateral rotation with a single, recessed toggle switch. Requires no disconnecting or exchanging of air lines.
The dependable digital control unit is lightweight and quiet. The easy-to-use, white multi-functional control unit provides simple, indexed comfort adjustment and a selectable audible alarm. A timed (20 minute) “Auto Firm” mode facilitates caregiving activities such as transfers, ADLs and CPR and then returns to its previously selected mode.“Alternate Mode” changes loading in a 10-minute cycle of either alternating pressure or lateral rotation therapy as selected at the mattress. “Float” mode provides powered flotation therapy.
Indicator lights for “Low pressure” and “Power Failure” give users assurance-at-a-glance of proper function.
Weight limit: 350 lbs.
Mattress weight: 20 lbs.
Control Unit weight: 6.3 lbs., UL listed.
Warranty: 18-months (all components)
¹Carol Anderson, RN, PHN. Lateral Rotation Mattresses for Wound Healing
- Alternating Pressure and Lateral Rotation in one surface
- Patented Safety Edge™ with ’cradling effect’ for user safety
- Added protection of Shear Transfer Zones™
- Quiet digital control unit with Auto Firm and Float modes
- Creates shear-minimizing bands beneath heels, sacrum and scapula
- Helps “glide” user to original position following gatching
- Provides overall stability while offsetting friction
- Polycarbonate-fortified, cleanable LifeSpan® cover
- 2″ deep topper reduces shear to underlying tissues
- More than 800 individually-articulating cells
- Redistributes pressure, reduces heat and skin moisture buildup
- Heel Slope™ designed to further reduce heel pressure
- Head-to-foot air cylinders for better pressure reduction
- Better support in seat area when head of bed is raised
- Individual foam cells accommodate bony prominences
- Patented inner bolster ’cradling effect’ for user safety
- Unmatched edge-of-bed stability
- Helps ensure safer transfers
- Minimizes risk of falls and entrapment
- Available in 75-84″ lengths
- Deluxe Control Unit available with Low Pressure Indicator with
- Weight Limit: 350 lbs
- Warranty: 18-months non-prorated